17/09/2009

bees & flowers


Walking into town today, the grass trees are flowering, lots of bees
also at the neighbouring white flowered tree, I had to watch out
for a grumpy magpie, he/she stopped dive bombing once I
explained why I was there. The stems are about 8 feet tall,
above the grassy part, that's my height. Arresting plants.



Then I went to the beach (tomorrow) am always
amazed at the small differences, today there was a large
deep hole at one end of Main Beach, the tide made patterns.

Yesterday I checked 2 blogs I like a lot: bookbyitscover &
littledoodles, both wrote of blatant cases of theft, the latter of
her delightful drawings; some of the comments say stuff like
'imitation is flattery' ~ bullshit! I have quite strong views on
that 'inspired by' line, too: that's why so much on the net
is so boringly similar. But these were flat out copies.
What do you think?

No comments: