21/10/2008

Tibetans



From the beginning I felt a deep connection to Tibetans.
Top left, on right, is my friend Champa, a thangka painter;
the other 2 monks had just completed a 3 year retreat.
At right is the Gyuto monastery in Dalhousie (1970),
as are the little monks. Unfortunately the negs
are lost, I only have these contact prints
that were glued into my notebook.




Here's a detail of another hand lettered picture
the Tao Te Ching in a yin yang design, lettering
changes to white on the black.
Again, I've no negs or transparencies of this,
nor of the one of the entire Dhammapada,
in columns, with a rainbow across it.
They were an intense kind of meditative practice.

These words of Dzogchen Master Dilgo Kyhentse Rinpoche
a wonderfully succinct exposition of non duality.

No comments: