05/10/2008

japan


I visited Japan some time back, & while I enjoyed the
countryside, it was such a big contrast
to the unruly farm where I lived at the time.
Liked Kyoto & the old temples, very much.
( In some countries I think I should have waited for time travel.)
My favourite author is japanese, Haruki Murakami.
There's a good interview with him here.

These photos of present day China are
..thought provoking. Something very strange about
copying another's self-portrait, for instance.
Copying in general, for that matter.
I enjoy Michael Wolf's photographs, & if I was hungry
I'd possibly be prepared to do most anything.
& there are some stunningly original artists in China,
as elsewhere. Just too many copy cats, all over.
Somewhere else entirely: great recipes here, so rich & varied
it's almost like eating.

No comments: