12/10/2008

hue, hoi an, bangkok

After Hanoi we went to Hue, the old imperial capital.
At the most romantically evocative place
my camera ran out of power, so I'll have to return;
the whole place is drenched in a poetic beauty,
it hurts to think what they've been through.

Then it was to Hoi An, a small town where the people
seem happy to see tourists ~ & we go there, too, in great numbers ~
& it's a little like a film set that's been flambouyantly
art directed. Though it could be simply a happy aesthetic.

If you are tired of snaps & want the real thing, go here
I should add though: I'm saving my 'best' photos.

More shots from the Indochina trip, can't seem to move
them to my preferred order: started in Bangkok,
I really like Thai buddhas, the temples, the river,
the way there's always something interesting to see,
& the lovely people. Foul air of course..

Next time perhaps I'll stay here,
though the Aurum hotel was delightful.


No comments: