15/11/2011

mandalay


From Inle lake I flew to Mandalay, & stayed at the delightful
Peacock Lodge, it reminded me happily of the old
raj places in India that I rented or stayed at, lovely hosts too.



One day I shared the GH taxi with another guest, we
visited several interesting sites up hills, & further away.
A long climb (for me) to the top for this paya at Sagaing, a splendid
view of the Irrawaddy. The city is big & kind of messy,
the trick is to get up early, before it all starts up,
& the light is at an angle


4 comments:

Kiki Suarez said...

WOW: so you are travelling again!!!

Kiki

anie williams said...

Yes Kiki, I went to Burma for about a month.
Because of bad connections after I had to cancel the end part (in Bangkok) I returned really wrecked, but am
fine again now. xx

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! It's like being there again (or event better!!!)

Congratulations!!

LluĂ­s

anie williams said...

Thanks Lluis, it was fun seeing it all with someone else.