10/06/2009

always changing


Because many people in San Cristobal de las Casas really
didn't like to be photographed, I took lots of walls, windows,
doors ~ also because I loved the colours & textures. Even in 1992,
I'd go past a favourite church or wall & be aghast to discover
it had been 'fixed' & painted dull brown. I stayed about 2 years,
initially at the Posada San Cristobal, it had large spare
airy rooms, there was a barber across the street who made
tunes with his scissors. Just looked it up ~ sadly, it's
been revamped. Enjoy Kiki's artwork, other artist friends
from that time don't have websites.

Here's a good backpack if you go to a sunny place.

2 comments:

Zom said...

Is there a specific reason they don't like being photographed?

anie williams said...

I heard different reasons, but I'd say it's most likely the rudeness of
tourists, as elsewhere, especially where there are hordes of visitors.