20/09/2008

from the past..









Since I've not been feltmaking lately, I'm posting some
archival stuff.
'Ages ago'= this was probably made
before you were born ~ certainly before computers.
I lived & painted for years in Dalhousie, India;
the mandala is hand-lettered with the 108 centreing exercises
from Zen Flesh Zen Bones.

I did a series of paintings on Chuang Tsu's famous butterfly dream,
(& also a book on the I Ching, 64 images of the hexagrams),
then a series about the kind of dreams typically found in certain
homeopathic remedies ~ this one was for Nux Vomica.

I don't know if I can get them to stay in the order I want.. no, well,
don't plan to use the afternoon working it out, let's just say this is
a small sample from many years, there's more in the posts
about our book Burning Questions
The image at top is 1/3 of a 5 metre long painting
for an educational facility, "endangered species".
Then there's the dream remedy, followed by one of the small
gouache on paper, of stones found at beach,
& one of the large acrylic on canvas paintings : "Beach"
The night-face mountain is gouache on paper.
I'd still like to paint, yet it's not happening that way,
have mainly been using a computer for last 7 or 8 years.


No comments: